Sunday, April 22, 2012

Entwined


Title: Entwined
Author: Heather Dixon
Publisher: HarperTeen
ISBN: 978-0-06-207703-5
Why Read?: Book Club
Challenges:  YA/MG Fantasy, Telling Tales, A to Z, Once Upon a Time, 100 Books in a Year

Thoughts: This was such a sweet, cute, romantic fantasy!  I really wanted to live the the slightly magic castle.  The only problem I had with it is it took a while to get to the fairy tale part, and even then it was a few pages before I realized it was based on "The Twelve Dancing Princesses".
Rating: 4 stars

3 comments:

  1. I love this book! It's such a rich retelling of the 12 Dancing Princesses, and definitely one of my favorites. Glad to see you enjoyed it. You can check out my review here!

    ~Debz @ Debz Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree this one took a bit of time to get going, but it was pretty fun, on the whole. I actually just posted about a number of versions of the 12 Dancing Princesses, if you're curious to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like fairytales retold and think I've read about this particular book previously. It sounds okay although I can't make my mind up whether you really liked it and would definitely recommend or whether you just thought it was okay/good?
    Lynn :D

    ReplyDelete