Sunday, February 26, 2012

Camera Obscura


Title: Camera Obscura
Author: Lavie Tidhar
Publisher: Angry Robot
ISBN: 978-0-85766-094-7
Why Read?: First Reads
Challenges:  Steampunk, European, A to z, 100 Books in a Year

Thoughts: I really loved The Bookman, the first in Tidhar's trilogy, and there were parts of Camera Obscura that I really loved too - especially when she encounters Holmes's murder castle outside the White City.  However, the fourth part disgusted me so much that it slowed my reading of it to almost a complete stop; I had to take it in very small doses, and this diminished my liking of it.
Rating: 3 stars

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting your review on the European Reading Challenge! What country is this book set in?

    Rose City Reader

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is set in France (except for the very last part where she travels to Chicago).

      Delete