Sunday, January 15, 2012

Gulliver's Travels


Title: Gulliver's Travels
Author: Jonathan Swift
Publisher: Gutenberg
ISBN: ebook
Why Read?: For Fun
Challenges:  Why Buy the Cow? (Kobo). A to Z, 100 Books in a Year

Thoughts: I never read Gulliver's Travels when I was younger, although I did know about it.  I found it an interesting way to point of the inadequencies of the English government at the time (which I know I would have not gotten out of it if I had read it when I was younger), but only two travels to strange lands seems too little for a good adventure.
Rating: 3 stars

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ricki, interesting choice.

    It's also a function of age: in the time it was written, it was pretty fantastical stuff, I imagine, and I still like his use of big people and little people as a metaphor for social conflict at ridiculous extremes.

    ReplyDelete