Monday, February 28, 2011

The Lovely Bones

Title: The Lovely Bones
Author: Alice Sebold
Publisher: Back Bay
ISBN: 0-316-16881-5
Why Read?: Book Club
Challenges: Mystery & Suspense, Off the Shelf, International, 100 Books in a Year

Thoughts: I can see why so many like this book. It was very well-written and Sebold definitely has a modern classic on her hands. I, personally, was not interested in reading it until I saw the trailer for the movie. The idea of Susie trying, at first, to get others to see who her murder was intrigued me. However, some parts of the story were way too character driven for me, and while Sebold's writing is lovely, I would find myself losing interest. The story was good and I do recommend it, I just wish it read a little faster.
Rating: 4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment