Saturday, September 12, 2015

In the Box: August 2015 Awesome Pack Big Kid Pack

I thought August was going to be my last Awesome Pack Big Kid Pack, but luckily, I can continue, so this will not be my last review! The subscription is $44.99 a month and you can choose the Big Kid option (for those without kids - like me), or the Family option.  Their site does not have referral links set up yet, nor can you log into your account yet, but they do have a referral program, so if you do decide after reading my review to try it, I would very much appreciate if you told them you heard about it from me, rickimc [at] aol [dot] com.

For August, the main game was Cacao ($34.95 value) from Z-Man Games. As you know, I love Z-Man games and I love chocolate, so this sounds perfect for me!  It's a worker placement game, which I have not played many of, so this will be a good challenge.

The first of the smaller games was Rumpelstiltskin (a $9.99 value) from AEG games.  This is a short two-player which is prefect for me and my husband.  I also received Poker Dice (a $1.49 value) by Koplow Games.  Seems like a good alternative to cards.

My collectibles this time were Crazy Cube Soccer Shootout (a $9.99 value).  I guess this can also count as a game, but it is not really for me.  Closer to my interests was The Smurfs Tag Athon Collectible Game Booster Pack (a $0.99 value) from WizKids.  While I do not play the game (sounds like HeroClix), I do love the Smurfs.  For Awesome Pack goodies, I received my two favorites from the past (probably because I thought it would be my last), the pen and bookmark.

Of course, another awesome Awesome Pack !  The items actually added up to an amazing $57.41 value, and I got it all for $44.95, which included shipping.  Not the highest value one I have received, but I really love the games this time around.  If you would like to subscribe, once again, I ask that you say you heard it from me, rickimc [at] aol [dot] com.  (Please note: as games and collectibles can vary in price based on demand, I tried to take the price from the manufacturers site whenever possible.)

No comments:

Post a Comment