Thursday, December 26, 2013

The Adapted Victor Hugo

Title: The Adapted Victor Hugo
Author: Comics Poetry
Publisher: NBM ComicsLit
ISBN: 1-56163-390-9
Why Read?: For Fun
Challenges: n/a

Thoughts: I was really hoping this would be like Graphic Classics, but it was not.  13 of Hugo's poems are collected in this volume.  Each is given in poem form and then in comic form word-for-word (except for "Oceano Nox" which is condensed).  Each poem is also accompanied by a few paragraphs of biography written in a very poetic present tense, which just did not jive with me.  The poem I liked best was "The Beggar" and the graphic adaptation I liked best was "Tonight in clouds the sun has gone to bed..." by Francois Duprat.  Otherwise, I was rather underwhelmed.

Rating: 2 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment