Friday, November 22, 2013

Stranger in a Strange Land

Title: Stranger in a Strange Land
Author: Robert A. Heinlein
Publisher: Blackstone
ISBN: 0786174307
Why Read?: Book Club
Challenges: Audio

Thoughts: First off, the only thing I really knew about this book was that it was mentioned in Billy Joel's "We Didn't Start the Fire", so that is to say, I didn't really know anything.  I was even surprised to discover that it was sci-fi when my sci-fi/fantasy book club was discussing possible selections.  It is indeed sci-fi, but more than that, it is 60s, but I was only able to really get that after I switched from the paperback to the audio book.  I liked it better as audio, but I still only liked the parts Jubal was in - didn't really care for any of the other characters.

Rating: 3 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment