Friday, August 7, 2015

In the Box: July 2015 Awesome Pack

July brought another awesome Awesome Pack Big Kid Pack. The subscription is $44.99 a month and you can choose the Big Kid option (for those without kids - like me), or the Family option.  Their site does not have referral links set up yet, nor can you log into your account yet, but they do have a referral program, so if you do decide after reading my review to try it, I would very much appreciate if you told them you heard about it from me, rickimc [at] aol [dot] com.

For July, the main game was Bremerhaven (a $55.00 value) from Mayfair Games. This says it is a "strategy game for experienced gamers", so I am worried it will be too difficult for my husband to agree to play, but the theme might be enough to sway him.

The smaller games this month really excited me.  First up was another Z-Man game (if you have read my past reviews, you know that I think they make great games), Batt'l Kha'os (an $18.00 value).  This is not in their current catalog, so that means it is older, but that does not mean it is not cool.  The game, though, that I was most excited about was Crap or Slap! (a $13.99 value) by Twilight Creations.  Oddly, this came out less than a year ago, but I cannot find it in their catalog, which is odd because it sounds amazing - a great party game in the vein of Apples to Apples or CAH.

The collectible this time was a Portal 2 Keychain (a $12.95 value). I do not really know what Portal 2 is (a video game?), but I love keychains.  This, though, is too big for my current purse, so it will have to wait until fall to get used.  Awesome Pack swag this month was a new magnet, and I collect magnets!

Another awesome Awesome Pack !  The items actually added up to an amazing $99.94 value, and I got it all for $44.95 (less than half!), which included shipping.  If you would like to subscribe, once again, I ask that you say you heard it from me, rickimc [at] aol [dot] com.  (Please note: as games and collectibles can vary in price based on demand, I tried to take the price from the manufacturers site whenever possible.)

No comments:

Post a Comment