Sunday, March 1, 2015

In the Box: February 2015 Awesome Pack Big Kid Box

While this month's Awesome Pack Big Kid Pack was not as chockful of items as last months, what was inside were some very high-quality games, all of which arrived at an amazing priceThe subscription is $44.99 a month and you can choose the Big Kid option (for those without kids - like me), or the Family option.  Their site does not have referral links set up yet, nor can you log into your account yet, but they do have a referral program, so if you do decide after reading my review to try it, I would very much appreciate if you told them you heard about it from me, rickimc [at] aol [dot] com.
The big game this month was Kairo (a $59.99 value).  This comes from Queen Games who publishes some great Euros.  This looks like a fun and intense game of trying to lure buyers to your market stall.  Aside from games, Awesome Pack also includes little collectibles, and this month it was an adorable chibi DC keychain (a $4.99 value).  I was lucky enough to receive this adorable Harley Quinn who immediately went onto my keys.
In addition to a "big" game, smaller games are also included in the Big Kid pack.  One of the ones this month, Love Letter (a $9.99 value), has been on my wish list for a while (and what better month than February to receive it).  The version included was actually the Kanai Factory Edition which contains two exclusive cards.  The other game, Fairy Tale (a $19.99 value), I have never heard of, but reading about this card game, it is totally me and I cannot wait to play it!  (Please note: I have linked to the Z-Man Games version who is the US publisher of the game, but the copy I received was from What's Your Game? which is a European publisher).
All told, my February Awesome pack had an estimated retail value of $94.96 and I got it all for $44.95, which included shipping.  If you would like to subscribe, once again, I ask that you say you heard it from me, rickimc [at] aol [dot] com.  (Please note: as games and collectibles can vary in price based on demand, I tried to take the price from the manufacturers site whenever possible.)


No comments:

Post a Comment